History of Oakland-Sidney
United Methodist Church
Our church is located in the heart of Oakland, Maine at 14 West School Street. Construction of the Oakland Church was started in 1874, dedicated in 1875 and completed in 1884. Until 1967 it was known as the Dunn Memorial Methodist Church in Memory of R. B. Dunn, who furnished a large portion of the funding. In 1976 Sunday School rooms were added to the rear of the church building. In 2000 the Oakland Council of Churches Food Bank was added to the rear of the Church parsonage.
TIFFANY HILL CHAPEL
Tiffany Hill Chapel located at the corner of Tiffany Hill Road and Goodhue Road in Sidney. It was built in 1881 under the leadership of the minister of the Oakland Methodist church, the Rev. M. E. King. In 1967 the two churches voted to merge forming the Oakland-Sidney United Methodist Church with primary services in Oakland.